Thursday, October 05, 2006

Discipline;
The Lord gave me this word to look up today .
1 Corinthians 9:27 (New King James Version)
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

This is an awesome word. I need to become more disciplined I need to really look into what makes me so undisciplined in areas of my life and see how I can work on these things to bring them into accord with the word.

Job 5:17 (New International Version)
17 "Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.



I keep getting this thought of the Lord: He keeps saying to me don't be a ZIT , now what this means I am not sure. I think it can mean at least two things. 1. It can mean that I should not spew out all my poison onto everyone else. Or 2. I need to let my poison out of me in order to heal and it not fester in me. Any thoughts on this would be great. Anyway This keeps coming up and I believe that this is of vital importance if I can figure out what it means.

1 comment:

Lynnie Ha said...

hmmmmm..... it could well be a bit of both, y'know?

if we find ourselves dumping our crap on others, or transferring where we are at/what we are dealing with onto others, then yeah, God's wisdom is usually to keep quiet.... bring it to Him.... seek counsel with a brother and sister and debrief.....

and for sure having cesspools of hurt or issues that aren't dealt with are gonna pop like zits at times.

....ultimately, for a zit to no longer 'be a zit'.... there needs to be healing.... sometimes drained like an abcess, yes, dealing with it from 'outside' of us, through godly counselling .... through exploring our dark places and bringing them into the Light.... and always God works from within, where with time, God brings His light into the dark places and 'exposes them' to the light by the revelation of His Spirit......
i think you're on the right track, girl! (((((miShun))))) <--that's a hug, by the way!